Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Spa, aka Heaven

So yesterday Erik and I went just over the border to Shenzhen. Heather was planning on going as well but unfortunately had food poisoning from the night before. We went to the spa where we couldn't understand most of what they were saying, but it was fun trying to figure it out. We're pretty sure everyone though we were a couple which was funny. I've never been to a spa before but this place was amazing. First we had a two hour Tai massage (the lady walked on my back). We had so much fun trying to talk to them even though we weren't very successful. Next we went to this big room full of big comfy chairs, and each chair had it's own tv. I got a foot massage, a pedicure, a manicure and had my ears cleaned (sounds strange but it felt amazing). The best part? Paying the bill. I spent about $60 US for the whole thing, including tips. Today I'm headed for Lantau Island (part of Hong Kong) to do some hiking and sight seeing. See you guys in a few days!

Katie

1 comment: