Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ramon the way it should be...

Time for a few pictures...


This is Lillian and Saskia. Lillian is also known as Auntie around the house and is a wonderful cook. She looks after the kids and keeps the household running while Heather and Erik are at work. She is also one of the nicest people I've met. Saskia missed the memo about smiling but she is a little under the weather so I suppose that's okay.

















Next is my favorite picture of the day. Anika has gotten so big since I last saw her, and she never stops talking. She loves to show people her dance moves and how high she can jump.











This is the view from the living room. The apartment in on the 23rd floor. There are so many people in Hong Kong that almost everyone lives in tall towers like these ones. The elevator and hallways smell like white rice...it gives the building character.













Say good morning to Heather and Erik. They were still a bit sleepy because both the kids are sick right now. I feel like I might be getting the cold too, but I'm trying my best to stay healthy.
















I the afternoon Heather, Erik and I went to the mall to pick up some groceries (yes, they have grocery store in the mall). We stopped to have lunch at a ramon restaurant that was delicious. This is definitely the way ramon should be served...with veggies and pork in it. It came with octopus balls also but I didn't enjoy those as much. They were basically fried balls of octopus...yum! This is my audition to be the ramon poster girl...


At 9:30 pm we went out to see Benjamin Button which I highly recommend. The funny part about movies in Hong Kong is that people buy their tickets online mostly and you have assigned seats. We bought our tickets late so we were in the second row, but it was still fun. The strange thing is that not everyone shows up and there are empty seats.
We're headed to the island today so I'll have more pictures soon. Send me requests if there is anything I'm forgetting to tell you guys.

3 comments:

  1. That Ramen makes me hungry. Can't believe the girls are so big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics! Especially the one of you eating Ramon and the pic of Erik and Heather. Looks like you're having fun already! :-)

    This is Jessica, btw. Yes, I've started blogging. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving this....you're a pretty good writer, Ms. Katie!
    Perk=Kathie Perkins if you hadn't figured that out! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete